IMPORTANT TO KNOW:
– These instructions are from Rick Simpson’s website
– You should be VERY careful when boiling solvent off, because the fumes are extremely flammable
– AVOID smoking, stove-tops, sparks and red-hot heating elements
– You should set up a fan to blow fumes away from the pot, and the area for the whole process should be well-ventilated.
Homemade Medicinal Cannabis Oil
1) Start with one ounce of dried herb that is enough for producing 3-4 grams of oil, (a pound of dried material will yield about two ounces of high-quality oil).
2) Place the dry material in a plastic bucket
3) Dampen the material with the solvent you are using (pure naphtha, butane or 99% isopropyl alcohol).
4) Two gallons of solvent is required to extract the THC from one pound,
5) The plant material should be crushed by using a stick of clean, untreated wood or any other similar device until it is completely covered and soaked.
6) Stir the mixture for about three minutes, until the THC is dissolved off the material into the solvent
7) Pour the solvent-oil mixture off the plant material into another bucket, which is the part of the process when the material is stripped of about 80% of its THC.
8) Second wash: add solvent to the mixture and work for another three minutes to extract the remaining THC.
9) Combine this solvent-oil mix with the first mix
10) Remove the twice washed plant material
11) The solvent-oil mixture should be filtered through a coffee filter into a clean container.
12) Boil the solvent in a rice cooker.